323-What every Engineer should know about Power Engineering fundamentals
Course Objectives: This continuing education course is written specifically for professional engineers with the objective of relating to and enhancing the practice of engineering.
Want to know more about Transformers, and not the kind in the movies? Electrical power is utilized for just about everything in the world. Without electricity, we could not function as a technical society. Electrical equipment can be seen everywhere, be it your house, office, stores or along the roads. What happens when you lose power at your house? Do you every wonder how things are powered up? Ever wonder what the big green humming box is near your offices front door? Do you want to know what a panelboard, circuit breaker, conductor or conduit is? This course will provide some fundamentals of electrical power engineering.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Understand about the major equipment for electrical power equipment.
- Learn more about residential electrical equipment.
- Learn about conduits and conductors and other electrical equipment seen around construction sites and residential houses
- Learn power equipment names seen in the consulting industry
- Learn what major power equipment looks like
- Learn about electrical construction tips