361-Motor Starters Protection and Control The Basics
Course Objectives: This continuing education course is intended to provide training and education about the following topics, along with an introduction to applicable codes and standards.
1. The basics of AC induction motors
2. The purpose and function of a motor starter
3. Components of motor starter power circuits
4. Basics of motor control
This course is intended to be introductory training about motor starters and control for AC induction motors. It covers the basic functionality and ratings for motor contactors, overload relays and short-circuit protection. Power and control circuits are explained along with references to applicable codes and standards.
Future Courses by Brian Hinkle, P.E.
1. Motor Control Protection and Control - Beyond the Basics
2. Microgrids - What Every Engineer Should Know
3. Microgrids - System Design
4. Microgrid - Control Solutions